Knit Meter

Thursday, January 15, 2015

First Off The Needles

Half way through January and I already have two finished items to show. Neither used entire balls of yarn so I cannot count balls of yarn out but I can record the meterage knitted; so far yarn is going down in 2015. (And another little item was made while I was watching football last weekend.)

This year I really want to make (knit or crochet) an item for Operation Gratitude every month. Last year I managed one a month from January to September inclusive. Each month one of the moderators of the group on Ravelry suggests one knit and one crochet pattern. I started the crochet pattern but it wasn't working with the yarn I was using so I did a quick search on Ravelry and came up with a free knitting pattern for a hat where I could use some of the bulky yarn I bought last year especially for charity knitting.

The pattern is Chunky Bamboo Stitch Hat and I knit it with Bernat Softee Chunky Solids on size 8 mm needles.



Remember this yarn? I cast on a pair (OK technically one, although it is possible to cast on two at the same time) of fingerless mitts on 1 January - new year, new project. The pattern is Flecktone and I used 2.25 mm needles. I made cuffs shorter than the pattern but the top comes further up the hand. I love them.



No comments: