Knit Meter

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Have I Finished Anything?

well yes I have. This week I finished a couple of hats for charity - and I took photos of them. And I completely used up two balls of yarn so that is a nice addition to yarn out.

The first two hats are the same pattern except one was knitted from the top down to make sure I used up every little piece of yarn and it did work out very well as there was just a few inches after the bind off row. (I finished the first one way back in January.)

The pattern is Barley, a free pattern from Tin Can Knits.



The other hat was crocheted and I used the Tulips hat pattern again. Having made it for charity last year.



For someone who doesn't like to knit the same pattern twice because there are so many patterns available, I certainly seem to like to repeat hat patterns.

I was hoping that I would also have a finished shawl to show off. The one shown here, because I was very close to finish the border. Problem is it is a sideways knitted border and I had estimated incorrectly how much yarn I needed. It was worked in a second colour so I pulled it all out and am just working a few rows of stocking stitch before the border. No timescale now for when it will be finished. This is what it looked like before I pulled the brown out.



On the sewing front, I finished a quilt, no photos as it is a gift, and I made good inroads into another one.

No comments: