Knit Meter

Friday, April 22, 2016

Jelly Roll Quilt Finished

Remember this? I am happy to report that it is now a fully completed quilt.

After finishing the Jelly Roll Race, I knew I wanted to make mine bigger. I started by adding narrow borders in contrasting colours and then added a fancy border in the same fabric as the main quilt. (I had purchased two jelly rolls.) I added the squares at each corner so that the diagonals did not run into each other. Although I hadn't planned it this way, there was just enough of the lighter orange fabric for the binding.

I am glad I made it bigger so that it gets used as a throw also the additions make it more visually interesting. I like the idea of the Jelly Roll Race as a fun sewing day with friends but without the border details my quilt is pretty blah. I won't be making it again but if I did I would want a range of fabric with a lot of contrast.

No comments: