Knit Meter

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

So What’s The Plan

You do have a plan, don’t you?

I just made the mistake at looking at my post a year ago. In it I said "But I do not want my WIPs to build up like they did last year." Obviously I didn’t get the memo on that one.

Yes I do have a plan - knit what I want, when I want, using yarn from stash.

OK, it is a little more defined than that; my plan is to knit the yarn I bought in the yarn store closing sale. The amount I bought is less than the amount I knit in a year so it is achievable except, I want to knit the cardigan for which I purchased the kit and, I want to finish my WIPs, of which I have too many.
Is this doable? In theory, yes; in practice, we will see. The total amount of yarn for all these ideas is more than I have knit in a year in the past few years. I do know that I do not want loads of WIPs like last year but I would also like to knit for charity this year.

I am starting the year with 9 WIPs (one of which I started in 2018), this is way too many so I am not going to have a new year cast on. I have been working away on my Advent yarn and it should be finished within a week if I don’t work on anything else. After that I can intersperse old projects with new cast ons.

On the sewing front, my plan is to finish projects – finished is better than perfect, then use fabric purchased for specific projects before buying any more. I think I will feel a lot happier when I achieve those two goals.


No comments: