Knit Meter

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Thank Goodness For Babies

I have been very good and working away on my Advent project, I did not finish it within a week as I had hoped at the beginning of the year but I have nearly finished Day 24. So finish it at the weekend?

I did not want to start a New Year’s Project because I knew once I started something else, the temptation to leave 2019’s Advent until 2020 would have been high. Plus I wanted the continuum of opening up the colours.

But…..someone had a baby. Not a surprise and I had already made something – the blue cardigan show at the end of this post. But he was born a little early and it’s cold here right now. So I decided he needed a hat. I chose a pattern I had knit before – Magic Hat – because I wanted to make a size he could wear now but still get use out of. One of the things that I like about Ravelry, is that on a pattern page they show what yarns you have in your stash that other people have used to knit the project. I used this feature so that I could use left over yarn and came up with a yarn I had used in 2015 - Ewe Ewe Yarns Wooly Worsted. I cast on the premie size but knit the length for the newborn size and used all the yarn. A win for my stash.




No comments: