Knit Meter

Saturday, June 13, 2020

New Cast Ons

Having said that I started four new projects, I should show you the yarn and patterns.

With sale yarn, Snowdrop by Wonderland Yarns,


I started the Wane pattern by Lisa Mutch, which I obtained recently when she was having a sale. This is a quick and easy knit.

The hat is Crossing The Tracks. I am using Caron Wintuk for the main colour; yarn that I have had in my stash for many, many years that I was going to use for slippers. If anyone does want slippers then I can buy more yarn! The contrast is Plymouth Encore that has been partially used and also been in my stash for a very long time.



I used to knit socks all the time and looking back on Ravelry it seems like 2016 was the last year I seriously knit socks. There wasn’t a conscious decision to stop knitting socks, they just didn’t get cast on anymore. I knit one pair last year as a KAL that I did with three friends and that’s been it. But this year I have been looking at the Sock Knitters Anonymous group to see what the challenges and designers are in case I wanted to join in. I almost managed this in March when I started a mystery sock but the yarn and pattern didn’t work well together. This month the technique is mosaic and/or slipped-stitch colorwork. Well, I have lots of left over sock yarn, surely I can find two that will work together. (Let’s ignore the fact that I really want to use my stash of virgin skeins.) I used the beige leftover from this project and it is interesting to note that at the end of the blog post I wrote that I wanted to turn the left over yarn into socks. I had thought to use all three together but pairing this with a different left over works very well. The other yarn is left over from these socks I made in 2015 and the pattern I am using is Sun Valley Socks.



The fourth project started is the one by the same designer as Banrion. It is another two colour garter stitch asymmetrical shawl with stocking stitch bands. The yarn am using is Plush by Blarney Yarns, a gift, and what is likely La Jolla by Baah. (I was given quite a bit of yarn that did not have labels.)



The 2019 project I am working on is a shawl I started in September. This is not my oldest, or even my second oldest project but I do have reasons for setting those aside. I should take note to not have too many projects that require concentration on the needles at any one time. (Ha! I should just not have too many projects on the needles at any one time.) As this project was only just started – 12 rows – I have given myself two months in which to finish it.


No comments: