Knit Meter

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

And It's 2024

Although I have started the New Year casting on all the things, this year I really want to try not to have numerous WIPs on the go at any one time. There are two main reasons for the number of projects in progress to increase without finishes. Firstly there is the easy project that then requires some concentration so another easy project has to be started. Secondly I have been starting things just to get them on the needles even if I have plenty of other projects to work on and if the new project gets started and then put aside while I work on other things. This relatively new habit has to stop. When an easy project becomes one that requires concentration then I will treat this as a priority so that it can go back to being an easy project and I don't need to start anything new or it becomes a finished object which is always a good thing.

I have decided this year to have five categories in which my yarn crafts fit and I can only have one project on the go in each category with one exception. The categories are socks, crochet, easy, concentrate, year-long. This last category is the one where I can have multiple projects.

My general plans for the year are to knit socks along with the Sock Knitters Anonymous group if the challenge fits a project I already own, use old yarn, knit a blanket square each month in a knit along, finish all the mitred squares, use the minis I got in December.

I hope by having written this out I will be finishing projects throughout the year and not a mad dash finish all the things at the end of the year.

No comments: