Knit Meter

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

WIPing Wednesday 2024

I was going to write this last week as the year had just started and I was going to tell you about all my WIPs. But with Monday being a holiday my week was off and WIPing Wednesday passed by.

Although I said that I did not want to cast on all the things this year, this might not have been the case as there have been five cast ons – one for each category

Socks:- I am test knitting a pattern and cannot show it until the pattern is published. There is a deadline in February to finish one sock but I would like to get the pair finished by the end of the month. Crochet:- with some yarn I was given when someone moved (not the big destash) I decided to crochet a blanket. Today I frogged all the way back to the foundation chain and shortened it as I realized the blanket would be long and skinny. (I might have been sorting that out instead of working on the socks.) Easy:- I cast on a hat, in fingering weight yarn, the rib is never ending! Concentrate:- I started a blanket where a square pattern will be released each month. This may move into the year-long category if I catch up and finish before the end of the month as I didn’t start this until the 7th. Year-long:- currently I have two socks (same pair) on the needles. I will be working a section a month from a 12 skein Advent set.

I note that I did not mention the projects I started the year with. Partly because I am sort of ignoring them. I started with five projects but two of those are long term blanket projects and one is the project that stays in the car. And I really should frog one project. Which leaves the one project that I could work on, but I cast on the hat instead. Already planning for the WIP knitalong so I can finish it and frog the other project!

No comments: