Knit Meter

Saturday, April 13, 2024

Last of 2023

 

It has taken a while for me to show this finished item because I have wanted decent photos of me wearing it.

This is the cardigan finished in 2023.

 


The yarn is Berocco Folio and given to me at the end of 2020 from a friend of a friend’s destash. I really wanted to make a garment with it but it would have to be colour blocked or striped. This yarn started life as a different pattern in April but was frogged due to size problems. In my Ravelry searching I found another pattern for a cardigan with stripes. It is a free pattern as the designer basically wrote up the notes for the garment she made herself. Nothing wrong with that and just what I wanted.

The black was the smallest amount of yarn had, thus only used for the neck and welt ribs. As with so many of my cardigans, the buttons were the problem; as in what to use. I purchased shell buttons from Sew Vintagely, and they turned out perfectly and no more expensive than JoAnn's.

I am really pleased with the finished item. 



 

No comments: