Knit Meter

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Three Birds With One Stone

 

Once again, thanks to sock knitting I have a completed project. Although this wasn’t absolutely necessary for March as I had three completions in total.

I am very excited about this pair as three boxes were ticked off in their making. (OK two plus a bonus.) Firstly with a pattern theme of STEM I was able to choose a pattern from a book I own. This was published in 2013 and I cannot remember how I acquired it. But I have not knit a pattern from it until last month. The pattern uses two colours and I used one of my oldest yarns plus a yarn I purchased at Vista Fiber Fiesta in 2022 to support the dyer. The coloured yarn is from Riverstone Yarns who are no longer dying and the sparkly white is from Lazer Sheep Yarns. This was the yarn I purchased at the event and I was so happy to see that they had a plain yarn amidst all the colour.

The pattern is Symmetry by Stephanie van der Linden from her book Op-Art Socks. When I was just a few rows into the pattern, I was second guessing my colour choices but I am pleased I continued. 


 

 

No comments: