Knit Meter

Thursday, June 28, 2007

More Mots on Montana

I thought I would stay with the alliteration theme.

Somebody commented (privately) about the restaurants where we stayed, so let me clarify what I meant. The east side of Glacier National Park is bordered by The Blackfoot Reservation and the towns are really just hamlets. There are places to stay and in the park they have very nice views, but there are no restaurants. That's why we were glad to stay in East Glacier because it was a bigger "village" with a few restaurants to choose from.

In fact I want to mention where we ate on Saturday night, not because it was outstanding, although it was good, but because of its ethnicity. We went to a Mexican restaurant. What's so exciting about that you ask? Well, there is a dearth of Mexican restaurants in Calgary - good or bad - so this was a treat for us.

We went on a couple of hikes and there were warnings about bears. At one point I asked why I was leading and the boy child very kindly said that I would see the bear first and scream which would warn him and his Dad to run. Nice child! Sunday morning we saw a bear. We must have disturbed it as it ran across the path in front of us and, thankfully, away from us and into the woods. I didn't scream (and enough of the funny comments from Jill, yes, I scream for mice but not bears) but I did stop and then I did my own mother bear thing and gathered up the clan.

So we lived to tell the tale and gave boy child an (exaggerated) tale to tell at school the next day.

No comments: