Knit Meter

Friday, December 29, 2006

Sale Control

Two of the yarn stores in town had sales this week. So I had some decisions to make.
  1. Did I need any yarn -- No
  2. Did I want any yarn -- Yesish
  3. Did I want to go shopping on Boxing Day -- Maybe
I don't need any yarn as I have a sweater on the gold needles and I am only on the front. I also have some sock yarn.

Although it is always nice to look at and feel yarn, too much yarn sitting around waiting weighs me down.

I wouldn't know if I wanted to go shopping on Boxing Day until that day.

So in advance I decided that if I felt like going out I would and I would only buy sock yarn. And in the end that was what I did. Tuesday dawned bright and sunny, the temperature hovering around freezing. I had managed a walk the day before so I decided to go to the yarn store which was having a sale for just two days. It opened at 10.00 am and I got there about 11.00 am and it was packed with many people already waiting in line. I headed straight for the sock yarn. I really wanted plain colours but for some reason, although manufacturers make plain colours, stores don't stock much.

This is what I ended up buying:-

  1. Trekking XXL Colour 106 which is Pastels. I have used this yarn before but not in this colourway. I think it will be OK for a pattern.
  2. Super Soxx Colour 630.0049. Don't know colour name. I have not used this yarn before and from the label it is self-striping so may not be suitable for a pattern.
  3. Regia Canadian Color. 4741 which is Brazil. Hmm not sure what Brazil has to do with Canada. Another self-striping yarn.
  4. Regia. Colour 1258 which is Bright Pink. The only plain colour I could get. I have an idea for a lace pattern for this yarn.
I looked at other yarns while I was standing in line. Most stuff was 20% off but I didn't succumb. And my wait wasn't too long as they had a separate till for cash and for once in my life I had enough on me.

No comments: