Knit Meter

Sunday, December 3, 2006

Mitten Accomplished

So I have finished one mitten. As I was knitting it I thought this is the first mitten I have knitted. I have knitted plenty of pairs of gloves but I can't recall knitting mittens before.

I used a size 6 mm needle for the main part. The yarn label had a recommended needle size of 8 mm but I wanted a "tighter" fabric for mittens. I changed to 4 mm for the cuff worked in single rib. This brought the cuff in tightly so I can pull coat sleeves over them. I used a tubular cast off for the cuffs to give a nice edge. I'll finish the other one this week, so they will be ready for the next batch of cold weather.

At this time of year, I am up before the sun. The one advantage with that is that some days you get to see scenes like this.

No comments: