Knit Meter

Friday, December 8, 2006

The Cat Ate My Wool!

Furry creatures and yarn are not one of the best combinations. There are better; strawberries and cream, Laurel & Hardy, hot weather and swimming pools.

I don't usually have many problems with my four-legged friends and my knitting but last night was different. One of the furry bundles was sitting on my lap; I was knitting and for some reason the yarn ends were annoying him. Now he could have removed himself to another body without knitting, but no, he had to stay and periodically attack that luxury wool.

He seemed to settle down after a while but I should have been on my toes, or needle ends, he had lulled me into a false sense of well-being: cat, knitting, crossword puzzle. After a while I noticed he was having a good chomp down on the wool. This was the tricky part. Me putting knitting down and extricating wool from kitty's mouth without him running off. He had chewed the end off the ball. Luckily he saved me enough to sew in. I then had to gently pull the end from his mouth. There was quite a long end and if I hadn't caught him in time it could have turned into something nasty. But all's well that end well.

No comments: