Knit Meter

Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Times They Are A-Changin'

For Christmas, my big sister gave me a book - The Best of Jackie. Jackie was a teen girl's magazine published in the UK and Republic of Ireland from 1964 to 1993. One of the features was titled "On-The-Spot Interviews" where people were stopped on the street and asked a question with the results published at a future date. It often included responses from a couple of famous people. Subject matter included in this "Best Of" book include "Which jobs do you think of as glamorous?" and "If you were Santa Claus who would you NOT give a present to?" But the one that caught my eye was "What new gadget would you like to invent?". I'm sure some of the answers would still come up today - something to tidy up after you, a genie in a bottle, instant travel machine. But this is the answer I liked - "I'd like to invent a gadget which tells me who's at the other end of the phone before I pick up the receiver."

No comments: