Knit Meter

Saturday, January 2, 2021

2021

The good news is that I am starting the year off with far fewer WIPs than last year. I have three WIPs and they are all require concentration projects. The “bad” news is that I did not knit all the sale yarn last year. I still have yarn left to make three garments and a large shawl. One of the garments is a WIP from last year and is an all over lace pattern so will not be finished anytime soon. I plan to cast on one of the other garments this month.

I do not plan to knit specific items for a specific charity. I have mostly used all the yarn I was using for hats and rather than buy more I am going to knit from my left overs and yarn that I was given. Each month I will choose the yarn I want to knit and a pattern to go with it. The resultant item may be for charity or future gift. I will be starting off with a small hat as I have plenty of plans for new projects this month.

I am going to knit some Advent socks but rather than knit them in December I am going to knit a section each month.

In addition to casting on a garment, I will start a project using the yarn I frogged last month. The pattern is garter stitch and will be my easy project, I hope.

On the sewing front, I have two quilt tops to finish. I will finish the smaller one first. It needs to be sandwiched and I need to decide if I am going to use fabric in my stash for backing or purchase new fabric. Then I must no longer put off quilting my big quilt which has been pinned for a very long time.

After that I have a couple of bags to finish. They won’t take long once I sit down and do them. Then use fabric purchased for garments.

My plans this year are more specific than previous years’ knit what I want, when I want, using yarn from stash. But I am quite happy about that.

No comments: