Knit Meter

Sunday, January 10, 2021

First Completed Sewing Projects

 

A friend introduced me to Aneela Hoey and I was able to get her book Stitched Sewing Organizers from the library. The last time I checked it out, due to the pandemic, I was able to keep it for longer than usual.

One of the pattern pages showed three bags/folios that all fit nicely into one bag. I had been given a piece of fabric that I decided would work very well for the exterior of all the bags and I could use leftovers for the linings and pockets. I don’t usually prep sewing projects in advance in case I change my mind but in this case I cut out the fabric for all the bags and ironed on interfacing so that they would be ready when I wanted to sew.

The first project was the folio with the vinyl pocket which I think I made in September. The large bag and the other folio except for the binding were sewn on a long weekend of Zoom sewing at the end of October. The binding was finished last week and I sewed the two pouches. I know I said that the bags were going to be the last of my sewing WIPs to be finished but as I knew they were going to be relatively quick to finish I decided to get them done. I am glad I did as they make me happy. Not because they are especially well made – they’re not – many mistakes – or I’ve used fancy fabric – just good old JoAnn’s – but because they are different from things I have made. And having made mistakes and know where I can improve techniques, I really feel I could make some as gifts. Plus there are at least a couple of other patterns in the book that I wish to try.

 





 

No comments: