Knit Meter

Friday, January 1, 2021

2020 Is Over

I know this should have been yesterday’s post but I wanted to post the Virus projects first. I still have two other projects from last year to show off but that will have to wait for better photos.

The pandemic made a difference to my crafting this year in three ways - knitting groups met on line, no in person yarn shopping, specific virus projects.

Not being able to yarn shop was not a burden as I had purchased so much yarn in a sale last year and I wanted to use that. Not to say there wasn’t any yarn purchases. Another yarn store closed down and I asked a friend to purchase some yarn for me plus some needle tips, I purchased a skein of yarn as part of a fund raiser, purchased some neutrals to support small dyers and bought a kit to knit a gnome. Oh, and don’t forget the lights. In addition to my purchases, I was given lot of yarn that was given to a knitting friend and then she gave a load to me. (My first virus project was crocheted with just this yarn which seemed appropriate.)

This year, I made three pairs of socks, one gnome, 11 hat, one pair of adult mitts, one skirt, two cardigans, a Christmas decoration, a blanket and 11 shawls or shawl type items. I started the year with nine projects on the needles and have completed all but two of them. I undid two finished projects that I never wear but wanted to reclaim the yarn for something else. I completed two mitred squares. All together my completed projects totaled 13635 metres of knitting and 888 metres of crochet. This is 65% more than last year and way more than yarn came in. So glad that yarn out has exceed yarn in and I have enjoyed what I have been making.

There really has been very little sewing this year. I finished four quilts of various sizes (only one started and finished this year), and made another quilt top and made one child’s dress. I made a few masks for family members at the start of the pandemic but found them to be rather fiddly. I also made a couple of bags, nearly finished another and have cut fabric for two more. These are all designed to go together so I have not posted photos yet.

No comments: