Knit Meter

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

New WIPS

Having shown off the projects I started the year with it seemed right, this Wednesday, to show the new projects. On 1 January, I cast on four projects as planned. There were the Advent socks, my year long project. Both cuffs have been completed for Day One. Although it would be tempting to continue, I have put them aside until the beginning of next month. 

 


I cast on a project with donated yarn that I have already finished and shown so another project that does not need to be considered until next month.

I needed an easy project and I wanted to ensure I started the yarn I had frogged at the end of the year. (In 2020 I only used one of the yarns I had frogged at the end of 2019.) I cast on Vertices Unite. I am loving how the striping of two yarns makes them very different than when they are separate. 


 

Next was a cardigan, Baileys Irish Cream by Thea Coleman. Currently this has taken over as my easy project as you start with the sleeves and after 16 rows of lace pattern it is all stocking stitch.


 

No comments: