Knit Meter

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

WIPing Wednesday

I am not going to make this a regular feature as there will not be enough change each week to make it interesting but I thought as it is the first Wednesday of the new year I would show the projects that were on the needles (hook) at the beginning of the year.

The oldest project is a crochet project which was not worked on frequently for a couple of reasons. Firstly I could not get a good flow with this project. I think it was a combination of the hook I was using and the pattern. It is not a hard pattern but it felt like I was looking at it for every stitch. Eventually I wrote out the pattern, which was very simple, and tried different hooks until I found the one that worked the best. The other reason for not working on this often was that it became the project to work on on car journeys and 2020 was not the year for that.

I purchased the yarn in September 2019 on the San Diego Yarn Crawl because I liked the pattern and started it on 14 September. This photo shows progress to date and how much (little?) of the first skein is left.

 


                                                                                                                                                         

The next project is an Advent knit that I started on 30 November 2019. I knew this would not be a quick knit and as it requires a lot of concentration it has been put aside at various times. I am not quite half-way through it.

 


The final project I started on 13 March 2020. It was the next project using yarn I had purchased in the sale. I worked the rib and then decided to put it aside. I can’t remember my reasoning but I think it had something to do with all the lace projects I had on the needles at that time and feeling it was wiser to finish those before starting new ones. Not much to show in this photo.


 

The problem with each of these projects is that I cannot do anything else while I am working on them. I do want the finished items but I do not want to be working on them forever. I am going to work one row of the Advent shawl and two rows of the other projects each day. If I can keep to this they will all be finished by the end of the year. There is some leeway built into this to allow for days when I cannot work on them. Working just a few rows each day also alleviates the boredom factor that I was finding when I had to work on these projects.

No comments: