Knit Meter

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Even The Buttons Were From Stash

I am really happy to show off my latest finish. This is yarn I have had in my stash since 2015. Yarn from a subscription box that I purchased extra yarn and still didn’t use. I had a few ideas but nothing was quite right. This year I haven’t been adding to stash and I want to use older yarn first. This is nearly my oldest yarn so a decision had to be made. I don’t know when I first came across this pattern, it was published in 2022, but it was written for the weight of yarn I had and the amount.

I started it before a vacation so that I would have something easy to work on but after the vacation there were many weeks when I didn’t work on it at all. But after my mini finish-all-the projects this was the main project left so it got most of my attention and then with the WIP along coming up I wanted it to be completely finished before that start date.

The garment is knitted bottom up with the sleeves joined at the yoke and the button band built in. So when all the knitting is finished you just have to sew the underarm seams. (And sew in the ends and block of course.) But there was the pesky subject of buttons. I needed seven and I really wasn’t looking forward to searching for the right ones. I checked my button jar just in case and couldn’t believe that I had seven buttons all the same and in a matching colour.

The pattern is from Drops and the yarn is from The Verdant Gryphon who are no longer dying.


 

No comments: