Knit Meter

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Third Pair Finished

 I achieved my goal of finishing three pairs of socks in August. 


 

 

There is not a challenge in August as that month is for finishing all your sock projects. So I cast on an extra July pair at the end of July to knit in August even though I already had a pair to finish in August. The new cast on fit the July challenge of literature and my personal challenge of already having the pattern (D’Artagnan by Caoua Coffee.), the yarn used was purchased in a sale (no surprise) and is from Alexandra the Art of Yarn. It was a nightmare to wind as the yarn was threaded inside itself so that I ended up winding by hand so that I could thread the yarn under and over itself. And then when I started knitting the dye came off on my hands. I continued with the knitting and dealt with the dye problem when blocking.

When I had finished both socks, I filled a bucket with very hot water, added vinegar and then the socks – no agitation! No dye came out of the socks so then I added the remaining yarn to the bucket (still as a ball) and no dye came out of that. I then soaked them in a wool wash and still no dye was released so I am hopeful that the dye is now set and will not transfer.

Although I completed three pairs of socks, in August the actual knitting amounted to two socks. The other two pairs were both 75% complete and this pair was 50% complete at 1 August.

Even though I used a dark yarn, I am pleased with how these came out. 


 

No comments: