Knit Meter

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Why All the WIPs?

 

I know this will sound strange but I am disappointed that I still have so many projects on the go, even if I can justify them all.

At the end of August when I finished the third pair of socks I had just one active project and I really liked the feeling of that being the only project to work on. But active is the operative word as I still had four blankets and a car project. So one active project translates to six projects in total. And it’s not the total number of projects that are the problem but the never ending blanket projects that are skewing the numbers.

I have worked many mysteries but I am not enjoying the year long aspect of the blankets. But at least when they are finished they will not be replaced by new projects. My plan is to work a certain number of rows every day so that I don’t get bored but still get them finished. I also want to complete all the squares for my mitred square blanket so that I have just the borders to work on in the new year.

Then my works in progress will truly be active projects.

No comments: