Knit Meter

Monday, September 23, 2024

Finish All the WIPs

 

It’s that time of year, the annual finish all your projects Along.

In previous years I have used this as an impetus to finish projects so that I can cast on all the things in January. But this year I didn’t want to start everything and in June I had my solo finish everything challenge. I was pretty successful at that and started the second half of the year with seven projects, four of which are long term blanket projects.

So here we are approaching the final quarter of the year and how many projects do I have? Before answering that question, I have to qualify the number by saying that I have an upcoming trip and I started all the projects I want to take to make sure they work.  And I’m glad I did because I restarted the easy project.

These extra cast ons have resulted in my having nine projects. Ack, sounds so many but four of them don’t count, of course. Two are year-long blankets with part of the pattern being released monthly and there is the blanket from new leftovers and finally a hat that stays in the car.

Of the remaining five projects, I have the mitred square blanket, a cardigan, and the three projects started for vacation knitting. And there is no reason why I shouldn’t get these five finished by the end of the year. My oldest non-blanket project was started on 19 August this year so you can see that I do not have old WIPs.

In theory I should finish the year-long blankets by the end of the year. I mean, that is the point of them. But there were a couple of hiccoughs. One blanket I was working in two colours and then I changed my mind and wanted it in just one colour but wasn’t sure if I had enough. I haven’t frogged anything as I want to work a complete strip in one colour to see how much yarn is used. Having got behind, my plans to catch up have not been followed. I was up to date with the other blanket and then I used the needle for a new project.

Although nine sounds like a lot it is better than the fourteen projects at this time last year. 

 


No comments: