Knit Meter

Monday, November 6, 2006

I Am A Quilter

Anyone reading that title will assume it is an announcement about myself. Really it should read "I Am A Quilter?" or "I Am A Quilter!"

Perhaps I don't know who or what I am but I certainly wasn't expecting to one day make the statement "I quilt".

I have nothing against quilts or quilters but quilting was for other people - people who liked to sew. But the inevitable happened. Someone wanted to make quilts for charity and it would have been churlish to say no or not turn-up. The Stitch and Chat group (note how polite we are) to which I belong is made up of mostly sewers. One of these wonderful ladies is a quilter and a teacher and decided that we should all make baby quilts. Easy, she said, takes 2 hours and we could use her sewing machines. So off I go to store and purchase fabric and batting as instructed.

The trouble with shopping is that other items tend to fall in the basket and on that particular day a book titled I Can't Believe I'm Quilting fell into the basket and was purchased. Charity quilt was made and with the left overs the first project was also made. A small nine patch block. Not bad I thought.

So off I go and purchase the materials for the next pattern in the book and I make a table runner. Quite liked that so off I go and purchase the materials for the third pattern in the book.....wait! does that mean I'm now a quilter?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that you need a whole new stash?