Knit Meter

Thursday, November 9, 2006

Snow Day

It snowed yesterday so instead of going out to do things I think I'll take a snow day. This could be a recurring theme.

Yesterday, I cut and sewed some strip sets for a new quilt so I will work on that today. The middle strip of one of the sets is narrower than the others so I need to check if the strip was cut too thin or if I sewed my seams too wide. Either way I am going to make a new strip set so that the sets are closer in size.

The interesting thing about it snowing yesterday was that it was forecast and it snowed when they said it would. It started about 4.00 pm and was very heavy. There was even thunder at one point. We rarely get thunder in the summer so it was very strange to hear it during a snow storm.

I thought I would go out today and clear the driveway but I think the snow has frozen and may not be easy to clear but I'll give it a try. We don't have a sidewalk so we are not obliged to clear.

No comments: